Prince of Persia 1 for Macintosh
- Mirror 1 (HQX): http://tichaud.free.fr/tel15/Prince.hqx
- Mirror 2 (SIT): http://annick.monte.free.fr/archives/pop1.sit
- Mirror 3 (SIT): http://grenierdumac.free.fr/pop1.sit
Here's a visual sheet for the Mac version for Prince of Persia 1: (Click to enlarge)
Prince of Persia 1 Manuals
Go to download.html.
Hacks for Prince of Persia 1 (Mac version)
Here are some hacks for the Mac version of
POP1 (saving/potion level/etc) - by Emma Kane.
Prince of Persia 1.0 on OS X
There are two ways to run PoP on OSX - one is to use Basilisk II, which will run in colour, the other is to use Minivmac - which has sound and is more stable, but uses a mac plus rom only so everything is in black and white.
Prince of Persia is a superb game. Its a lot like tombraider in terms of controls, it was well ahead of its time (1992), and is very playable today.
However, it was commercial software and as such is copy protected. In order to progress through the game you have to go to a room and pick one of 24 potions (a-z) to drink. Pick the wrong one and you're dead. The code to pick the right one comes up on the screen and you need the manual to figure out the fight potion. With me so far? So you need a copy of the manual to play much of the game. Or you need this image.
Or you need a copy of
Resedit and the ability to use it to hack into your copy of POP as
(the first one definitely works) The Potion Level never appears
patch for 1.0
CODE 2, offset 1F70
The Potion Level is passed over
patch for 1.0
1. delete existing Potion Level (level 12? 15?)
2. copy LEVL 1 to clipboard
3. change the ID and name of the existing LEVL 1 to that of Potion Level
4. paste back in LEVL 1
Get unlimited chances to find the right potion patch for 1.0
CODE 3, offset 55A6
allow editing of saved files
CODE 2, offset 15AC
The save file is in the following format, two bytes each:
1. minutes left
2. fraction of a minute out of $2D0 (max is $2CF)
â—¦ $F is potion level
â—¦ $E is last level or princess level
â—¦ $C and $D are level 12 part 1 and part 2 Jaffer level
â—¦ $1-$B is level 1 to 11
â—¦ $0 is the demo level
6. prizes (people killed, items obtained, big potions etc.)
7. how many times prince died
8. checksum (= $1B39 - min*$B - frac - level*$11 - potions*$25 - unknown*$C1 - prize*$17 - died*$D)
(You can also check the source to see how to emulate PoP1 macintosh version to run either under Basilisk II or under Minivmac on a Mac OSX) - Source: http://www.iknowthe.net/classicmac)
Play PoP Macintosh versions on WindowsHere is a complete and detailed tutorial for playing Prince of Persia 1 or 2 Macintosh versions on Windows: CLICK HERE.
Play PoP Macintosh versions on Mac OS X
Here is a complete and detailed tutorial for playing Prince of Persia 1 or 2 Macintosh versions on Mac OSX: CLICK HERE.
PoPMap Mac Prince of Persia Editor
PoPMap Mac Prince of Persia Editor:
http://hyperarchive.lcs.mit.edu/HyperArchive/Abstracts/game/com/HyperArchive.html (Released in 1992/3 / Works with Executor as well).
How to use:
1) Click on link above.
2) Scroll down and download the prince of persia level editor. There is two of them, download them both.
3) When using the editor, you must first make a copy of your POP game and rename it. If you do not rename the file, the editor will not save it. This is to protect your original levels.
4) Fool around with one of the levels.
5) Make some sweet levels and post them here!
6) Preview: (Click on the picture to enlarge it).
PoP1 Mac Tools
There's a couple of other cool things for POP - 2 level editors, plus an init (put in extensions) that adds a useful cheat menu.
Prince of Persia 1 Mac DEMO
Prince of Persia 1 Level Editor: popeditor.sit.hqx
PoPE (cheat): pope.sit.hqx
Prince's PoP 1-Mac sprite sheet
Click on the image to get the full size:
You can also get the sprites alone (separated gif files) from here: popspecial.html
Frame by Frame Sprites
You can get David's frame by frame sprites from here: macsprites.zip
PoP Macintosh Total Pack
POP MAC Total Pack for PC - contains PoP1, PoP2, tools, editors and other games with Basilisk II system (8.0). Released by adam77.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7u3dia2003ln2tq/macintosh_package.rar (80.51 MB)
3) Open up the Macintosh Package folder;
4) Open up "BasiliskIIGUI.exe" (** Notice the file name it is NOT "BasiliskII.exe"**);
5) Click on the "RUN[F1]" button in the bottom right hand corner;
6) Click ok on the cd rom error (if you get an error);
7) The emulator should start.
8) The icon for the HD is in the top right hand corner
HERE ARE A LIST OF GAMES ALREADY INSTALLED
A) Prince of Persia 1 - (works) - includes Pop Map editor and POP Cheats.
B) Prince of Persia 2 - (works)
C) Tetris Max -(woks) - by far my favorite tetris game ever.
D) Diamonds - (works) - Awesome game
E) Jewell Box - (works)
F) Movod II - (works)
G) Load Runner - (works)
H) Lemmings - (woks) - Includes Lemmings, Oh No More Lemmings, and Holiday Lemmings
I) Beam Wars - (works)
J) Snake - (works)
K) Columns - (works)
L) Mac Brickout - (Used to love this game and I CANT get it to work. If you do, please let me know how)
M) Crystal Crazy - (Asks me for a disk?)
N) Blox Arcade (opens, but i see no pieces falling?)
O) Crystal Crazy - (works, but I cant quit and get back to main desktop)
P) Bonkheads Deluxe - (Crashed the program, let me know if you get working)
Q) Oids - (Couldn't get to work)
R) Scruffy - (wanted to change to B&W)
* Good Luck and let me know if you find any other games that work with the package. Stuffit expander is in one of the folders.
Regarding PopMap: You have to double click on popmap and then go to file-open and navigate to the pop1 folder where you will find the prince icon. Click on open and it will bring up a list of levels in the game to chose from where you can then edit the level. I guess you should make a copy of the game first so you can preserve the original levels. And PopMap works fine: when you double click on popmac it will look like it disappears, but in reality what happens is the File/Edit etc.. menu items at the top change to be used with the popmap program and that is when you go to file open. and select the pop icon. It does this for many mac applications, I think that is just the way that system 8 works, but I assure you it is there. The same thing happens when you double click on stuffit expander, everything disappears and you have to go to file/ expand.
For more info, screens, etc. check out the old PoP Mac page here: http://geocities.com/princeofpersia123/mac.html
Prince of Persia 2 Mac
For Prince of Persia 2 Mac, click here.